Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 3: Rewriting my Rules

So today was a day of change for me. I was beginning to be edgy and angry and I hate feeling like I have a short fuse. I do not like feeling like I am not in control of my emotions. So at much behest of my husband and to save my sanity I am incorporating a small cooked portion of meat at least once a day.
I really got the idea when drooling over my husbands dinner last night. He was eating everything I was but also a mini meat loaf I had made. While I was eating lettuce, colored bell peppers, carrots and broccoli with hummus I kept dreaming what eating what I was eating with a small bit of meat would be like. Tonight I made Tandoori Chicken for the family and while they ate it with noodles and cooked veggies I ate the chicken with my raw veggies and it was divine!
I feel about a million times better, and while I am upset I could not be a vegan I don't think it is the life for me. We already eat local or organic meats when they are available so I think I will try this for he rest of the time and see how my body acts after that.
Maybe going (and forgive the pun) cold turkey off meat was not the best of plans for a carnivore such as I.

No comments:

Post a Comment